Depending on where you live, the kids have been back to school for at least a week, maybe two or more. Even those who don’t have kids around seem to treat September like it’s “back to routines” time of year. Everyone can benefit from taking stock of morning routines, bottlenecks, and needed supplies.
For instance, getting out the door can be a frustrating experience for many. Here are some tips to help that process:
1. Corral the shoes in a basket or shoe holder by the door
2. Pack up backpacks, briefcases, purses, musical instruments, sports equipment, and lunches the night before.
3. Put everything that’s needed on a “launch pad” by the door, so they’re easily grabbed on the way out.
4. Hang keys on a hook or key holder near the door, as well.
5. Consider planning out the next day’s clothes before going to bed. Even if you don’t have every piece chosen, make sure what you’re planning to wear is clean and ready to go.
This is just the first of a few “Back to School/Routines” suggestions we have. Feel free to share your get-out-the-door tips with us, as well!